I admit it. I love the sun.
In the last few weeks, I have realized how much sunlight means to my sanity. I’m not just talking about for tanning purposes. Been there, done that; had a real bad sunburn in places sunburns shouldn’t go.
I’m just saying I appreciate the sun more than ever.
Colorado has seen more rain in the month of May 2015 than in any other May in history. That is unacceptable, folks.
But wait – it’s reality. Note to self: Suck it up. That’s what big kids do, right?
Meanwhile, back at Rancho Poor Mexican Gone …
I haven’t been able to crank out any content. I have blog ideas outlined or drafted – but every last one of them has been stuck behind the Publish button – or worse, stuck in my mind. Nothing could unclog them.
Anyway, some things have actually happened in the world of Poor Mexican Gone over the last few weeks:
- My AncestryDNA test results came back – way earlier than I expected. Is that just “delighting the customer” or did I not have enough data in my tree? A new post on that soon. Interesting stuff.
- More of Braulio’s peripheral family members and their records have shown up in my research, offering more validation (maybe 70%?) that he is in our bloodline.
- Some great new fabrics came in to help me with my new quilting/sewing addiction (which requires much more time than anyone can imagine).
- More freelance work has come my way – yay!
- I’ve been playing more tennis, AND I got me some new kicks for the 2015 season.
So all that to say – it’s been an oddly overwhelming month, mostly in a good way.
But this weather!
Ask any Coloradan: If we don’t get our 300+ days of sunshine per year, we’re a collective, hot mess.
As you might have guessed, the sun finally came out today. We’re thrilled and hopeful, with all fingers and toes crossed.
And now maybe, just maybe, the sun will finally unclog the blog.